Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Best Stats You've Ever Seen

I just got back from school. Today was first International Business Student Association event organized to meet with buddies of other exchange students and get to know each other. I came there later because of late class but it was still a lot of fun. Just when I walked in and grabbed some pizza they handed out sheet with 15 various questions. The goal was to find someone who can answer yes (each name could be used only for one answer). E.g. someone who:
  • has more than two siblings?
  • likes to eat sushi?
  • has been on exchange before?
  • has visited India?
  • has a fish?
  • likes to go to parties?
  • can speak more than 3 languages?
  • & more...
The biggest problem was to find someone who has visited India but I finally found one Fräulein from Austria who has. I completed the list but somebody already won earlier. I wish I took my camera.

But the reason why I'm posting today is the video I had on class before. I think it's really interesting, especially the way it's presented. It is about some economic figures in developing countries. I recommend to watch it entire but If you can't, take a look at least on 4'15''. It's better either to watch it in fullscreen mode or in a better player here.


Hans Rosling: Debunking third-world
myths with the best stats you've ever seen

----------------
Now playing: Hooverphonic - Ginger
via FoxyTunes

No comments: