Friday, September 14, 2007

I'll Be Selling Your Rookie Cards on eBay

First week of the school is over. Foregone week was (despite the classes) again very "socially exhausting" one. The weather was great so the campus was full of students just laying about on the grass.
First impressions of the school are quite positive. The building itself looks very nice. First I got in I felt like I entered some stock exchange. There are TVs and Reuters info panel broadcasting latest news and figures from the markets. Although I had some problems selecting desired courses I hope I'm finally set up. Still another week remaining to adjust my schedule.
I have another in-class story. Approach of one of the lecturers was really nice surprise. Not only she handed out name tags but she said that on the next lesson she is going to take a picture of all of us. And she did. She took a photo of groups of three and she said that she is going to crop faces out and print out cards with faces and names to be able to learn all names quickly. And she said that she already knows what is she going to make her living with once she retires. Because we will all become famous, she is going to sell our rookie cards on eBay. Nice:-). Course itself is going to be loads of work to do but it's always better to work in friendly atmosphere.
And yay! I'm gonna travel to Waterton National Park [W] in two hours! I've just made late lodging reservation so nothing stands in the way anymore. The weather forecast is great. We're renting a car and will go there for a weekend. I'm sooo looking forward because I've spent last 2 weeks almost entirely on the campus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zdar, tak snad to tady nebude 2x. Mate to tam moc hezky a ta stranka se Ti taky povedla, fakt supr:).Btw. ta opicka je pojmenovana po nasem kamaradovi a svitavskym alkoholikovi?

Vlasta said...

Nazdar Jimmy! Jjj, presne tak - je to on a nikdo jiny, komu se dostalo te cti, ze po nem byl pojmenovan muj opicak:-). Skola uz se Vam neuprosne blizi, tak at se dari...