Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ottawa


Parliament of Canada, originally uploaded by Vlasta.

I've arrived to Ottawa. Later than I initially planned but I still made it to see something. I travelled by Greyhound, the trip was only about 2,5 hours long. When I arrived here I found out that here is like no public transportation at all. It's not that bad but when I went out of Station Centrale (Central bus station) there was only one bus stop with four bus lines. And this stop was for both directions of the buses. I have found there a schedule and was waiting for the bus. After 3o minutes waiting - together with other people - we found out that a bus stop for our line in our direction is behind the corner. The only one... Funny. At least I could have met some interesting people. Mid aged woman from Philippines was trying to remember some Czech people and when she found out that I study economics, started discussing something from game theory. Really crazy discussing economics at the bus stop with stranger.

I have finally got to my hostel and went out. I have watched a light show on Parliament Hill at the end. It was quite amazing (I mean the visual effects, less the talks :-)).



Before I returned back to hostel I stopped by at grocery store. Since I didn't get to any in Montreal it took me a while to get out of there. I was like Alice in Wonderland - wondering what the **** I'm gonna eat here next four months. I found out that "Just what I need" are foil potatoes. What a shame that I don't need em at the moment. (Just kidding...)

Finally I found a great beer store nearby which was (fortunately??) already closed. They have Kozel, Staropramen, Pilsner and maybe more Czech brands. Need to take a look there tomrrow ;-).

No comments: