Friday, August 31, 2007

This Way to the Top of the World


View from Sky Pod, originally uploaded by Vlasta.

I've taken a 5 hours bus ride from Ottawa to Toronto. I came to bus terminal 45 minutes ahead and to my surprise qued up to already pretty long line. Fortunately they finally dispatched two coaches.

The best way how to move yourself for short distances in Toronto is to use cable car. It's actually just regular tram and I have no idea why they call it cable car. First impression from Toronto is very good. It reminds me Chicago a lot.

A must see for everyone who comes to Toronto is CN Tower [W] which is world's tallest free-standing structure. I couldn't miss. The tower has four observation levels. One of them is restaurant. The highest observation deck (Sky Pod) is located at height 447 m (1,465 ft.). Watching a sunset there was really a pleasure. But what was more breathtaking for me was the lowest deck - Glass floor. Just try to imagine walking on the glass floor 342m above the ground level. Brrrr... Someone even couldn't make it. I had no problems with going there but I didn't feel really good while walking there.

I didn't make it to see much more since I arrived to Toronto quite late. So I hope I'll catch up all tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Let the new year will bring a lot of money