Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Awesomest Week Ever

I am runnig out of ideas how to name the post. I hope that people who come here randomly don't choose this boring post to read.
I want to thank to all of you for reading this blog. I was surprised when I realized that it has already over 1000 pageloads (my visits excluded). Now I feel an obligation that I should be updating regularly because you keep visiting. On the other hand, to be honest, here is nothing really interesting going on to write about.

The atmosphere here has changed rapidly during the previous week. When I met someone in the school or in the pub everyone was just talking about how much work do they have to do and everyone was like “I wish I started studying earlier”. And it’s the same with me. I had one midterm already and gotta be preparing for another two coming this week and one more the next one. In addition I have to be working on assignments and group projects along with that so it makes it really time consuming.

I didn’t even go out this week! I’ve missed also ice-skating at Olympic Oval because I had to study:-(. So the only interesting event I can write a little bit more about is Potluck dinner which I posted a picture of before. Potluck dinner is about sharing the dishes. You cook a lot and then try a lot from the others. In this case it was about sharing and trying typical dishes of national cuisines. So everyone should cook/prepare something typical for his country.

It was really nice. Our Czech delegation consisting of two guys (most likely the only two Czechs at the university) agreed to prepare bramboráky (potato pancakes) for this event.
I have to say that despite we’ve worried a little bit and weren’t pretty confident about our cooking skills, it ended up very well (díky za recept, mami:-)). It was kind of exotic stuff for everyone who tried. Everyone was complimenting it, but who knows if they really liked it:-). Of course I was praising food I didn’t like at all as well (but it was only one out of many). We made our bramboráky with extra garlic and marjoram (yummy!!!). Take a look at folks on the picture having the pancakes on the plate. Need to say that all the pancakes (unlike the other stuff) were run out pretty quickly (and we made a lot!).


Some of the people brought main dishes and some of them deserts. So after eating up the main course there was a huge selection of deserts available. My only problem is that I’m still fighting my aversion to seafood so don’t feel really comfortable eating some (say Japanese) cuisines. We've played also very funny spin the bottle game, various tasks had to be done (e.g. video below).
And finally: We had fire alarm tonight again. At 4:30 in the morning. Everyone was pretty pissed of because it was very cold outside during the night. I didn’t mind it a lot because I was working on assignment by that time so it was good excuse to get out for a while on fresh air.

Mexican Anthem
----------------
Now playing: Foo Fighters - Best Of You
via FoxyTunes

No comments: