Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Madness

Just briefly – we had a Halloween weekend which was really a lot of madness and craziness. Everywhere I went were Halloween decorations during last 2 weeks... Including offices, businesses etc.

Of course our apartment had to be decorated as well. We (3 guys) would probably never do that ourselves but one of the Australian friends suggested, that her uncle has a lot of decorations they don’t need, so she brought all in here and decorated our apartment. I was sooo surprised. Until the weekend it looked nice and clean over here.

Halloween, as young Canadians celebrate it, is basically about getting dressed as anything and get drunk like hell. At least that’s my observation. As I had to study over the weekend I didn’t really get involved in all of that. On the other hand we had celebrated Halloween a little bit more decently on Monday with other international students. I had a really cool costume – original Canadian air force flight suit. I borrowed it from one of the locals.

By the way when I went shopping I came across lot of stuff promoting Vancouver Olympics 2010 - such a huge money making machine. Cookies are currently my studying motivation:-).

I’m adding a recording of a trip when one student from Far East gave as a ride and put his national music on. The talks get sometimes into serious stuff as well:-).
During the night was snowing again but the weather wasn’t that cold during the day. That’s a picture when I went from school today.
And for the very end I’ve got a bad news (maybe good?). When I’ve checked my mailbox today, I’ve found a very important letter from Rez Services. It was a notice, that TOMORROW is moving new student to our apartment (to Patrick’s room). So his room had to be restored as it was before we made a game room of it. It wasn’t easy!
----------------
Now playing: Louis Armstrong - Skokiaan
via FoxyTunes

No comments: